Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Grace's First Love


Grace's first love has been with her since day one and it is her blanket. She affectionately refers to it as her "night-night". Night-night was made by my mom and Grace has been sleeping with it since she was born and dragging it around since she could crawl. She loves that thing. I decided on Monday it needed a good washing. It was dingy and stinking and I knew it could use some nice soak time in the washer followed by a strong spin and some nice drying time outside to whisk away the dingies. We made a big production of putting the night-night in the washing machine along with the soap and turning the washer on. As soon as I shut the lid, scream queen freak out! That child cried, and cried, and CRIED!! I tried her back up night-night (which Kendall calls her day-day). I tried cuddling, coaxing, keeping her busy, being tough, but that kid still would not give it up. She cried for an hour before I decided to just finish washing the stupid thing and then I handed it over to her half soaking wet. She was in heaven with her damp, but clean, night-night. I hope someone knows how to turn a blanket into a back pack because there is no way she will be able to go a whole day in Kindergarten without it.

No comments: