Friday, January 14, 2011

Climb Every Mountain

Not a 1/2 mile away our house is an indoor family fun center.   These things are great ideas and I wish I owned one so I could make tons of money.  This one is inside an athletic club.  It has a good 3 stories worth of climbing equipment and an arcade.  I took the girls this morning for  some much needed run around time.  We've had snow on the ground for over a week and it's cold!!!  As usual the little ones wanted to climb up a big rope ladder with Kendall.  At first I told them no because it was a long ladder and it was made to look like hills so you had to climb up and down the ropes to get to the top.  They insisted and I kept watching this other mother carry her kids up the ladder.  Well I thought if she could do it I could!  We moved at a snails pace and got to the top.
Then the little ones freaked out!   When you get to the top you can see all the way to the bottom and I guess they got scared.  You have to cross a swinging bridge at the top and they were not doing that.  I tried to cross while carrying Grace but it's the type you really need to go across on your knees!  The only way down was to go back down the rope ladder!  The girls are screaming and I'm trying to get them to go down the ladder.  I was literally moving one of them two feet at a time, having Kendall stay with that one, and then going back to get the other one to move 2 feet.  Thankfully, another mother saw my problem and sent her 11 year old daughter to come help me.  Truly a little helper from God because we wouldn't have got down without her!  We finally got to the bottom and within five minutes everyone was fine.  I came home and marked that little adventure down as my work out for the day!

No comments: