Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Night Crawler

My little Maddie is a night crawler.  She will frequently turn up at my bedside (on in my bed!) in the middle of the night for no apparent reason.  I usually get a "Hi Mom" as I drag myself up and put her back in her own bed.  Lately she has been skipping the midnight drive by in our bedroom and trading it in for just doing her own thing.  A few times I've found her in the living room playing with toys at 4:30am.  One morning I found her sleeping on our pillows from our bed that were piled on our bedroom floor.  This morning I go to leave for work at 3:30 and I found her curled up asleep in a living room chair.  It's kind of cute except it scares me have to death.  To think of her walking around the house at night and I don't even know about it!  She could crack her head open!  I tell her every time that she needs to stay in her bed.  You know the answer I get?  "Okay mom!".  But I'm sure she'll be at it again tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awe, I found that to be a sweet story. I am sure it is annoying at times and I can totally see the worry of her wandering around alone at night..but it is still a sweet sweet story. "Hi Mom". So cute!