Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ladies, time to Vote!

Some of the first women to vote in November 1935
I hope you got out and voted today.  I especially hope you did if you are a minority or a female.  There are so many before you that have fought for these rights and the best way to thank them is by exercising your vote.  So no complaining or whining about the lines at the poles being too long.  You've waited longer for a table at a restaurant.  No complaining that candidates don't keep their promises.  Maybe they do, maybe they don't.  If they don't, you have the chance to not vote for them again.  I don't want to hear that the ballot is too confusing.  Really?!  It takes me all of 5 seconds to read the ballot and there are tons of volunteers at the polling site to assist you.  My remote control is harder to figure out.  The number one reason to get out and vote today?  If you don't vote; you can't complain about the government!  To non-voters I would give these words of wisdom I share with my kids, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."  If you don't vote then you are just stuck with what everyone else chooses.  You don't want someone else picking your house, car, clothes, etc.; so why would you let them pick who represents you?  Plus, if you go to the polls they give you a sticker that says, "I voted."  You can't beat that.

Side note:  I just saw on Facebook that my friend Kelly took her 4 year old son to the polls with her and he was disappointed they didn't have food there.  LOL!!  I'm with you Wyatt, would it kill 'em to put out a box of bagels and a coffee pot?  Geez!

No comments: