Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Goodbye Baby Tooth

Kendall just came rushing in from school and said she had an important announcement. She had a wiggly tooth. Sure enough, her bottom tooth is wiggling back and forth and will probably come out in a couple of days. Before becoming a parent, I wouldn't have thought twice about a kid losing their tooth. I taught 1st grade at one time and have seen plenty of teeth missing from kids mouths. I feel a little sad about Kendall losing her first tooth. Just another sign she's growing up I guess. The wiggly one is the very first tooth she ever got as a baby. I remember Byron and I being so excited when those teeth finally broke though. We must have sent a picture to everyone in the family of Kendall grinning with those two little baby teeth barely showing through. Now that same tooth is going to fall out of her head! So I have two questions for all you moms out there. 1. What is the going rate for the tooth fairy these days? and 2. What do you do with the teeth? I should probably say that teeth in general kind of gross me out. The worst thing to me is a pair of dentures. So, what do I do?

No comments: