Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Pain of the Parent Strikeout

Byron and I had a great plan to load up the kids after dinner tonight and take them bowling.  I thought I had all my bases covered.   I checked the website to make sure there was open bowling tonight and age limits, prices, etc.  I cooked and served dinner early.  I fed the kids, pet, and husband and cleaned it all up.  I changed the kids clothes, checked everyone's socks to make sure they were clean, oversaw everyone took a potty turn before leaving, and ushered the kids out into the cold van.  We drove there, got out into the cold and headed into the bowling alley to be told that there were so many leagues tonight that all the lanes were full.  The disappointment on the kid's faces was so strong that the owner gave us all free passes.  Even Maddie was so sad!  I hate when stuff like this happens.  Not only do I have to let my kids down, but I've done all this extra work for nothing!  So frustrating!

1 comment:

More Than Words said...

Aww! That is a total bummer! But, I'm glad they made it up to you with free passes.