Thursday, December 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Grace

I found the sweetest tribute to daughters on another blog I track and I just had to post it in honor of my sweet little Gracie's birthday.  I wish I had a way with words like these poets do.  Grace we all love you so much and everything in these writings is how I feel about you (and all my girls!)

A daughter is a gift of love.
-- Author Unknown

A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend.
-- Author Unknown

A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. 
-- Author Unknown   

A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous...full of beauty and forever beautiful...loving and caring and truly amazing.
-- Deanna Beisser

A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.
-- Laurel Atherton 

A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future. 
-- Author Unknown

A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart. 
-- Author Unknown

A mother's treasure is her daughter. 
-- Catherine Pulsifer

Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes and the objects of our most watchful love.---This one is my favorite!
-- Margaret E. Sangster





No comments: